Sunday, January 19, 2014

Five Months!

Hello all!
Well if you could not tell by the subject, tomorrow I hit 5 months in the mission. I just realized it this morning and I can´t hardly believe it. I am still pretty new here but the time is starting to slip away from me. I still have plenty of time left but I guess I may not have as much left as I thought!

Anway this past week went pretty well. I am still working hard to bring this area back to live and keep my comp alive in his last 4 weeks in the mission. He is doing pretty good but I can see his mind starting to slip from missionary to home. It is a good reminder to me that we really have to keep focusing and working hard until the end! Anyway this past week we finally had an investigator attend church! Her name is Ayelen and she is the little sister of a less active member here in the ward. We will be working hard with her this week and are going to put a baptismal date on here today or tomorrow. She is great and really smart even though she is only 9 years old. I am prayerfully hopefull that we will continue to improve our success here and eventually we will be able to see a baptism before my comp heads home. He goes back on Feb 13, so we dont have much time left!

Anwyay I am doing well, just working my way along. We had a conference this past week with the two zones in my Stake and the mission president. It went really well and he is great as always. I really am very blessed to have President Ayre as my Mission President. Every time I see him he inspires me to be a better missionary and person.

This next week we are going to be really focused on finding new investigators. We really need to find those who are ready to recieve the gospel. I know that they are her we just need to run into them! I will let you know how that goes this next week! Anway we are just working our way along each day!

I am glad to hear that everyone seems to be doing well out there. It seems as though work has been keeping everyone pretty busy, especially Mom! I also hope nobody has frozen over yet. I am told here by members about how cold it is up there and it sounds pretty bad! The weather here is good and hot. The really bad heat wave has passed so it is a little bit more bearable but it is still hot. I am enjoying it though even though I still get really confused when people tell me that it is January right now haha. There really isn´t a ton going on around here, just working every day. We walked a ton and a half this past week so my comp and I are actually really physically tired. I don´t know exactly how much it is but I am certain that it is more than a few miles

When my district leader asked what I think we could improve on I told him "you know, it would be great if we could talk more and walk less". Haha he thought that it was both funny and true. I am going to try and work on that this week. It is the best because I can be less tired and have more success if I do that! It is funny how revelation comes sometimes haha!

Well that is about all I got for this week. Just pushing along and learning a ton every single day. I am so blessed to have such great family and friends to support me through everything! I love you all and I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Zollinger



Here are some photos I took today. It is of a veterans memorial park here in Escobar for the war for the Faulkland Islands, which Argentina lost. It is kind of sad though because it is all run down and there is grafiti on most of it. It is just sad when a country loses its identity like Argentina has seemed to do. Anwyay I hope you like them!

P.S in two of the photos you can see the spire from the church house here! Kinda cool cause I absolutely love the Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment