Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 2, 2013 "The True Meaning of Thanksgiving"

Hello all,

Well this past week went by very well! We were able to find some new promising investigators and also begin working with some less actives in the ward that need our help. We also began planning a wedding for two investigators a week from today. We will marry them and then they both have a date for a baptism on the Saturday directly following. We are both really excited to get them married and become members of the church. They also said they really want to prepare for a temple marraige, which is amazing and always the goal. If we have investigators that we marry and baptize and they get sealed in the temple while we are still in the mission then we are allowed to go to through the temple with them. So in a year we will have to see if that happens for us! I would absolutely love that if I could! Other than that we saw a lot of miracles this past week and can see the work pushing right along here in Buenos Aires!

This past week was Thanksgiving but they don´t celebrate it at all down here. That day we had a lunch with a member so we were able to eat well though don´t worry! She had no idea it was a holiday in the US but it still counts! We ate chicken and rice, which is what we usually eat. It was really good though and it was really special because this certain member really has close to nothing. She gave us all the rice she had and told us that she saved up to buy us really good chicken to eat. She stood by the table the whole time and kept our plates and glasses full until we could not eat anymore. She was so happy that she could give what little she had to as she said "the angels of the Lord". What a powerfull moment that was for me to hear her say that and see how happy she was to give what little she had. It really hit me and I have begun to realize that this mission really is not about me at all, it is about our investigators and those members. I am so happy to be here and serve them with all my heart. They are so great and so humble and it was really hard to keep from crying as we ate. It really was a time to give thanks indeed.

Other than that everything else was pretty normal this week, not a whole lot going on. We are just working hard and trying to keep up with everything we have to do. Sometimes we have our appointments fall through and just end up walking around to members houses trying to see if we can help them with anything. We hardly ever tract or do street contacts, as that really just does not work here at all. We always have to find through the members and investigators.

It is so crazy to me that Dallan is coming home in just a few days or so. His mission really did fly by for me too! I could swear that he just left. I am pretty sure that Landon Lott is coming home some time this month too. It is so crazy to see all of my friends getting home and I am still in training here. But it is all good and I am so glad that they could all be out and serve the Lord. I can´t hardly wait to see them all again but I still have plenty of time left myself! Although I can hardly believe it is December already. I cannot tell if the time as gone by slow or fast, as there really hasn´t been a ton of it yet. I am still just trying to work and become the best missionary as I can be. The language is better now but I still only understand about three fourths of what people say to me. It is all good though and it is just a proccess of time. It will come eventually, I am not too worried about that!

We also have interviews tomorrow with the President so that will be great. I love talking to him as he is a great man and a spiritual giant. A member told me that he is the youngest mission President in the world right now, and I would not be suprised if he ends up being an Apostle some day!

There really isn´t a ton of stuff to talk about this week, just pushing along and enjoying it. I am glad that everyone back home is doing well and having a good holiday season. As we get closer to Christmas I will have more details for how the skype chat will work. It will have to be on Christmas day though because we have a mission conference on Christmas Eve, which should be really good! I am excited to see how this all goes.

By the way it is really hot and humid here which may be the reason why I cant believe it is December! I am so sweaty all day but I am getting more and more used to it. Oh well!

Anyways I love you all and thank you for everything you do for me. All I can ask is keep up the prayers and everything! They help a ton I can feel it! Just keep serving the Lord and he will bless you! I love you all and I will talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Zollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment