Saturday, March 1, 2014

6 months gone :( February 17, 2014

Family and Friends,
Well there you have it, like I said in my last email this past week I completed 6 months in the mission. I still can hardly believe that I am 1/4 of the way through... It is a crazy feeling and what is even crazier is that I know the time is only going to start going by faster! My mission president told me that the first 6 months are the slowest, the second 6 months go by in a snap, and then the last year doesn´t even exist. Which is sad because looking back the first 6 months flew!!!! Oh well though, I am just trying to make the absolute best of every single day that I have in the mission and work as hard as I can!

This past week was great and we saw a ton of miracles! It is such a testimony builder to see the hand of the Lord at work with us here in this mission. Like it says in Jacob 5, the Lord of the vineyard is a work with his servants for the last time in the vineyard. This past week we were able to have 3 baptisms!!! They were of two girls who are sisters and another unrelated girl as well. The other two Elders that we live with also had a baptism of a guy named Diego as well. So in total our ward had 4 this past week. We also were able to confirm a girl who my companion had baptized this last transfer and was never able to come back to church to get confirmed! I know it sounds like a weird situation and I really don´t know all the details, I just know that it was a miracle that she could come to church and get confirmed a member and receive the Holy Ghost! 
 
The two sisters that got baptized this week are named Fiorella and Vanessa. They are 11 and 15 years old respectively. They are great but their parents are really catholic and did not want to give them permission to be baptized. We worked a ton with their parents and saw many miracles as we tried to gain their trust and show them the necessity of the baptism of their daughters. Finally three days ago the father said that he would be wrong to deny his daughters when they were trying to follow Jesus, and he signed the papers. I was able to baptize Vanessa and it was great! I was also able to baptize Abigail who is also incredible. She is 17 and new here from Peru. She is absolute evidence that the Lord is preparing people here to hear the gospel and accept all that it entails. Any time that she had a question or doubt we just taught her the basic doctrine using the scriptures and invited her to pray to God for an answer, and every time she was able to receive answers to her prayers. It just goes to show that if we have faith, God will ALWAYS answer our prayers because He wants us to know His truth! 
 
Anyway I absolutely loved being able to be a part of those sacred ordinances and am so happy for them and for their decision. We will be working more with them this week as they prepare for their confirmations this next Sunday!

Really other than that, not much else is going on around here. We are just working hard and enjoying the mission every day! There is always trials and hardships in all that we do but we just have to remember that they are always for our benefit and we can always learn from them. Like today I had the trial of having to play soccer with a bunch of Latinos and got wrecked. It was hard and the score was very lopsided but I know that I can take something from that experience and move forward hahaha. No but really it doesn´t matter what trial we have we can also learn from them and be better because of it!

Anyway I just want everyone to know that all is going well out here and that I am happy and healthy. The area is great and so is my comp. The language is coming along well and even though I am not near fluent I am still learning and progressing. We are looking forward to more success in this area in the coming weeks and I have no doubt that there are more people here that are ready to accept the Gospel and enter into the covenant of baptism. It is crazy the things that happen when you just invite people to do something. Like a cousin of Fiorella and Vanessa came to church with them and attended their baptisms, and right after the service my companion and I put a baptismal date with her for two weeks from yesterday! Really all we did was invite her to follow the example of Jesus Christ and her cousins and be baptized by someone with the priesthood authority of God. We have a FHE tonight with the family and we will shortly be putting dates with more of their friends and family members :) !!! Man I love this work! Haha

Well that is really about all that I have for this week. Just please continue with the prayers and support. Not just for me but for my investigators and so that we will be guided to them. I would rather take a prayer for the well being of my investigators and to help me be guided to those who are ready above a prayer for my personal well being any day! We are well taken care of here no need to worry about me personally! Anyways I love you all and am so blessed to have such great friends and family. Thanks for everything and have a great week!
Love always,
Elder Zollinger

Elder Zollinger and Elder Molina,  Juncal Argentina Baptisms







Elder Zollinger's Mission District at the Buenos Aires LDS Temple

Buenos Aires Temple

Elder Zollinger and Elder Molina

No comments:

Post a Comment